Grunsky School is prepared to care for your children in times of critical situations. If you are not
able to reach the school, we will care for your child here. We have a number of people
trained in first aid, and we will be in communication with various local emergency
services. We do ask for your help in the following areas:
° Please do not call the school. We must keep the lines open for emergencies.
° Following an earthquake or other emergency, do not immediately drive to the
school. Driving to school and walking onto campus may jeopardize your personal
safety in an emergency such as a shooting. Streets and access to our school may be
cluttered with debris. The school access route and street entrance areas must remain
clear for emergency vehicles.
° Turn your radio to KSTN (Stockton) 107.3 FM or to KFBK (Sacramento) 1530
AM and 92.5 FM. Information and directions will be given over the radio.
• No student will be dismissed from school unless parent (or individual designated by the
parent) comes for him or her.
• No child will be allowed to leave with another person, even a relative or babysitter,
unless we have written permission to that effect or that particular person is listed on the
student’s up-to-date emergency card
• All parents or designated parties who come for elementary students should bring a
• Drill procedures for emergencies and disasters will be practiced periodically at school.
Lottie Grunsky School supports the District Mission statement that our school is an advocate for children and public education.
Our staff is committed to providing a sound academically oriented program for children. It is our responsibility to develop each child to his/her fullest potential and provide the basic tools necessary for becoming a productive responsible citizen. We believe that discipline and respect are essential to a positive school environment. We support the following statements of purpose:
- To teach and practice good citizenship.
- To accept each child as an individual.
- To provide an environment where respect is always given.
- To create programs that promote maximum academic and social growth
Grunsky School's Vision
Grunsky School is...
a learning organization dedicated to academic achievement, service to our community, and the holistic well being of our students.
that education is the shared responsibility of students, the school, parents, and the community. It is necessary for these groups to cooperate in developing each student's abilities. To the best of our collective abilities we must identify student academic, emotional and psychological needs and we must provide a curriculum and resources to meet those needs.
We, the Grunsky staff dedicate ourselves to this task.